Danish Association for the Study of Obesity
The purpose of the Association is:
- To promote research, teaching and an understanding of obesity.
- To represent Danish obesity research internationally.
- The Association is a member of World Obesity and the EASO (European Association for the Study of Obesity).
- The Association’s meetings are open to the public
- The Association is a member of the Organization of Danish Medical Societies
The Danish Association for the Study of Obesity (DSAF) was established in 1984. The Association is a scientific society under the Organization of Danish Medical Societies (LVS) with its purpose being to bring together professionals interested in developments within obesity science and research.
The daily activities of the Association are carried out by its Board of Directors. http://dsaf.dk/en/board-of-directors/
The Association is a member of the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and World Obesity (former International Association for the Study of Obesity, IASO).
Throughout the past 30 years, DSAF and Denmark have gained international recognition for the results achieved within obesity research. Thus, the IASO awarded Professor Thorkild I.A. Sørensen the Population Science and Public Health Award in 2010, and Professor Arne Astrup received The Willendorf Award in 2014.
Dansk Selskab for Adipositasforskning
c/o Endokrinologisk afdeling
Tage Hansensgade 2
DK-8000 Århus C
Att: Chairman Sigrid Bjerge Gribsholt